Sunday, October 19, 2014
Basically the less Tumblr version of "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." "Live with no regrets." "Life goes on."
It's been kind of a tumultuous week, what with midterms and essays, a constant battle between lethargy and restlessness, and the stress of trying to pull myself together. But as someone said to me recently, "having it all together" is merely an illusion. I guess I don't mind.
Maybe I'm still coming to terms with things. Things like being myself. *insert thumbs up*
PS. Promise this is last of the autumn/train track photos! ;) hehe.
Thursday, October 16, 2014
This is a thing. ;)
As I mentioned in my Thanksgiving post, I went on a road trip of sorts with my family -- to Sault Ste. Marie! We joined this train tour -- which I have mixed feelings about, because the views were stellar, but it meant about more or less 9 hours of sitting on said train. Anyway, thought I'd share some gorgeous photos.
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Image Credits: from left to right, top to bottom, via Tumblr
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
I've never particularly been a hat person until this year -- I'd always thought they looked weird, but I think since coming back from Korea, my thoughts on this have slowly changed. Keeping warm aside, they're also really great to cover up bedhead or flat hair. Case in point, an example here on my Instagram. I've also underestimated their effect on a simple outfit -- another Instagram example here.
The only annoying thing is, of course, once you put it on, you can't take it off because of the dreaded hat hair! #styleproblems
Sunday, October 12, 2014
(Every time I glance at this picture, I get the fleeting fear that I spelled it "thanksful" instead.)
It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving! Cue Monday off, lots of good food, and in general, revelling in autumn. My family took advantage of the weekend to head to Sault Ste. Marie, and all of the above were enjoyed. :)
So here are 10 things I am thankful for...
- My mother, who is really big on "family time" and hence puts lots of effort into creating opportunities via family trips for us to enjoy each other's lovely company.
- My dad, who I can always count on for a cup of McDonald's coffee and good advice, especially during the long night rides back to Waterloo.
- My sister, who I can relate to as a silly human being on a level that I am unable to do with any other person, and who I always have the best of times with.
- My family in general, who are equally invested in my dreams as I am and are willing to support me no matter what.
- The colours of fall foliage, which gives me so much pride as a Canadian, to live in a country of such rugged beauty.
- My own health and the health of my family.
- The chance to study at a university, and what's more, studying what I love, English, even if it meant my struggling with Sylvia Plath all weekend.
- For Spotify finally coming to Canada, so I can listen to Sam Smith for hours on end.
- For good stories in the world and making it a better place; I really enjoyed The Hobbit by Tolkien this weekend.
- For friends, who "put up" with me, whom I can have any sort of conversation with, whom I can count on, whom I can send stupid snapchats to, and who make me laugh.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! What are you thankful for?
Wednesday, October 8, 2014
Interrupting the blog's regularly scheduled programming today for a playlist which can be found HERE. It's a short playlist but it's what I've been listening to for the past couple of days, and I thought it was worth sharing.
You know how sometimes when you listen to a song that you haven't listened to in a long time, and your mind gets taken back to that period of time in which you listened to that song? I guess this playlist is sort of me wanting to immortalize this period of time. It's been a very confusing, painful, mixed-up past few days. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get all my sh*t together, school-wise, especially.
I just have to keep reminding myself: life goes on. And it gets better.
Here's hoping it's soon.