(Every time I glance at this picture, I get the fleeting fear that I spelled it "thanksful" instead.)
It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving! Cue Monday off, lots of good food, and in general, revelling in autumn. My family took advantage of the weekend to head to Sault Ste. Marie, and all of the above were enjoyed. :)
So here are 10 things I am thankful for...
- My mother, who is really big on "family time" and hence puts lots of effort into creating opportunities via family trips for us to enjoy each other's lovely company.
- My dad, who I can always count on for a cup of McDonald's coffee and good advice, especially during the long night rides back to Waterloo.
- My sister, who I can relate to as a silly human being on a level that I am unable to do with any other person, and who I always have the best of times with.
- My family in general, who are equally invested in my dreams as I am and are willing to support me no matter what.
- The colours of fall foliage, which gives me so much pride as a Canadian, to live in a country of such rugged beauty.
- My own health and the health of my family.
- The chance to study at a university, and what's more, studying what I love, English, even if it meant my struggling with Sylvia Plath all weekend.
- For Spotify finally coming to Canada, so I can listen to Sam Smith for hours on end.
- For good stories in the world and making it a better place; I really enjoyed The Hobbit by Tolkien this weekend.
- For friends, who "put up" with me, whom I can have any sort of conversation with, whom I can count on, whom I can send stupid snapchats to, and who make me laugh.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! What are you thankful for?